View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I wasn't aware that she never agreed with it. So she was surprised to hear that Lindsey was fired after getting back to London.
That’s what she said. The others said they got John to vote with them to force Lindsey out.

Quote:
Does this mean that she had NO IDEA of what was going on within the band?
It might mean she didn’t know ousting Lindsey was in the cards.

Quote:
No input as to what the band should do concerning the touring schedule conflict?
We’re all only fans, and none of us are qualified to answer that question. All I’m saying is that based on all that has been said up until now, it’s pretty clear that Christine was not part of the decision to oust Lindsey, and based on the tone of what she has said, she was not especially happy about it. But, Mick and John are her family, and she’ll always pick them over the others. That’s just a reality within Fleetwood Mac, especially at this stage.

Quote:
But let me remind you, that although you seem to think that everything after '98 didn't matter, after Chris took her leave, was when Lindsey took the reins and led the band through the next 20 years. He kept them alive. I think that's an important part of the journey, considering for the most part it is why this latest incarnation of FM is around today.
You got me. SYW, EP, and a couple of oldies tours are the shining pinnacle of the legacy of Fleetwood Mac.

Quote:
Yes Lindsey does get it, and I feel that at least through comments his family has made, is that he's been screwed.
But, and this seems to be the point you’re missing, by saying “factions,” he implies that not everyone agreed with what happened. He’s implying that he doesn’t blame Christine with that statement.

Quote:
Perhaps his fans have the right to be ticked off, considering that he's no longer in a band that he's helped mold and shape, and been largely responsible for their sound since 1975.
Lindsey was lucky to have had the opportunity to join a well established band that had a solid record contract, was big enough to be getting played on the radio, was big enough to sell out places like the Fillmore, had been on national TV, was self-managed and free of external pressures, and was just under the radar enough where the label didn’t care what the band gave them. That what was left of that band was a rhythm section and a singer/songwriter used to being just a third should have been a dream come true. He basically had carte blanche within the confides of being in a band to do whatever he wanted. That’s a hell of an opportunity/outlet. The sad thing is that not only did he not appreciate it, he resented and felt held back by it.

And, what Fleetwood Mac brought to Buckingham Nicks was greater than the other way around. Christine’s songs sounded more refined with Stevie and Lindsey, which is expected, since they spent probably as much time recording that first album as they did all of the Bob Welch era albums combined, but the fundamentals of her songs weren’t that all that different. “Over My Head” could have just as easily been on HAHTF. “Rhiannon,” OTOH, went from sounding a typical bar band song with Buckingham Nicks to sounding like an epic rock masterpiece with Fleetwood Mac.

Quote:
No, not many people would leave FM. Don't you know it's all about the money! Diamonds are a girl's best friend.
If Lindsey had left after they decided to call the the album something other than Fleetwood and not fed us that “it just felt like a duet album” line of crap, I might be inclined to agree, but Lindsey is the one who said close your eyes, grab the money, and run. So, he’s not exactly pure in that regard, either.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 05-15-2018 at 09:19 PM..