Thread: Sandy Stewart
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

[QUOTE=TheWildHeart67;1217000]
Quote:
Sandy has contributed to some of Stevie's songs which are ok. Just keep her away from the piano or keyboard. She played very amateur on Wild Heart (song) and that dreaded sad keyboard intro to Nightbird /QUOTE]
"nightbird," and Wild Heart," are classics and there is nothing dreaded about Sandy Stewart's playing keyboard. But she wasn't a major presence on anybodys continuing career. Rock and pop singers that had their peak in the 70s, 80s, even 90s won't have huge radio hits in 2017. Times change.
We are both entitled to our opinions and her playing is dreadful on the album. Nightbird killed the Wild Heart. You know the charts so you are aware it barely cracked the top 40 after following 2 huge hits. It slammed the breaks on the success of the album. And that dreaded keyboard intro was the reason She is a good friend but she should have kept to background vocals. I wish Roy would have taken the lead on Nightbird.