View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
playing along to a pre-recorded backing track and giving the same canned speeches night after night. I think I'd much prefer a live experience that was, in fact, LIVE. Not some kind of hybrid version of "live." You get what you pay for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Hey, you've got a point here. I hate those prerecorded tracks and speeches as much as you do, honestly. As much as I hate the fact that they play with a shadowdrummer. But, apart from that, it is not the oomph that I mean. He brings something else, and you know what I mean.
we all hate pre-set speeches, and he probably knows since he's been mixing them up lately and going off the cuff during some of them. especially during solo tours where he reacts to audience and changes around if some audience members are particularly persistent.

re backing tracks, let's be fair - he had backing tracks during only 4 songs, and 9-10 he was doing solo just him and his guitar.

(and his prices were anywhere between $25 and $200, depending on the venue so not sure which price are we talking about? plus we all know you don't get what you pay for with many many performers and you pretty much always get way more with LB )

you all may not be into that, but i'd rather he does rocking songs with the backing track, than no rocking songs at all. and most everybody who did see him at his One Man Show was sold on his approach once they experienced the show and its intensity live. (but we've been through this discussion over and over.)

i guess you all want Tusk dropped from FM set too considering there is no Trojans anywhere in the arena other than background video? or maybe backing tracks would be ok during LB solo shows if he'd have a video of himself playing them as a backdrop?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"