View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I've met Jim King. In fact, even played with him one night at a blues jam at the San Juan Capistrano (California) Train Depot Bar about 11 or 12 years ago. I seem to recall us doing "Stop Messin' Round", "I Loved Another Woman" (which I sang) & "Love That Burns". Hearing that the "Peter Green" tone was his thing, I went into as much of "Danny Kirwan" mode as I could come up with (despite Danny not ever playing on the original recordings of those three songs)...I'd only had my Turner Model 1 for a short time and was still getting used to its workings...and had just sold my Les Paul about a week earlier.

Jim was/is a nice guy...we talked "all things Peter" for about an hour after we got done. Our paths have not crossed since, unfortunately.
That's nice, Chili. I'd have loved to see you perform there, since I Loved Another Woman was the song that hooked me on the Mac (and furthermore: blues in general, especially the old masters). I used to try to sing that too, and on some ocasions I actually did.

But.... it's far better to leave the singing to others....That's all you'll get from me on that topic