View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta07 View Post
I just downloaded GOS I a few weeks ago and was blown away. I don't know how to explain it, but all of the songs just sound so good one right after the other. I think when he split them up to three albums, it just lost some of the excellence of having all of these songs on one disc. I just saw an interview with Mick & Lindsey in 1998 and Lindsey was explaining how he had just finished up a solo album which he was releasing in the fall. It just sounds like the success of The Dance pushed Lindsey into scrapping the release of GOS I and lending the songs to a new FM album. What bothers me is the fact that his album was finished and ready to be released and somehow that was thwarted and prevented Lindsey from releasing a truly magnificent album.

I hope that there are extended dates for the solo tour before the big FM tour in 2013. I did enjoy seeing both of them in '09, though I have to say Lindsey's voice has matured nicely, while Stevie's has gotten a bit too nasally for my taste and it can take away from some of the harmonies. Just my opinion, of course
Excellent post altogether!