View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You’ve reminded me of all those years ago, listening to Rockline on live call-in radio, and all those clueless potheads got chosen to ask the questions — and their questions were invariably (I don’t mean largely or mostly, I mean invariably) asinine, brainless, slow-witted, fatuous, ludicrous, moronic, dumbass, and doltish. Used to really frustrate the rest of us, who actually knew something about the band, life, etc., and could ask a decent question.

Sometimes, I would listen to such programs when they had David Bowie or Paul Westerberg or David Byrne or Zappa, and I would wonder just why their fans asked questions that were so much more intelligent. I had to conclude that the Mac fan base was largely or mostly (but not invariably) a little slow. It sounds unwholesome and elitist, but I think the matter came down to the collective IQ differential. This was years ago, of course.
That reminds me of when Richard was taking fan questions and they were all like, “Did Lindsey and Stevie kiss a lot when you lived with them.” I was absolutely mortified.