View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Reading thru the comments--I concur on Christine's gorgeous hair and she was wearing cute sparkly shoes. Hard to believe she's in her 70's. Too Far Gone really rocks and gets people moving.

I was on the left side 6th row, 2nd seat from the center aisle. Great guys on both sides of me, there to see LB mostly. We were laughing about 3 single tickets and who bought 1st, 2nd, 3rd. My section was sedate except for a few closer up and a few further down my aisle. So glad to see there were others on my side having a ball! Lots of energy front and center! Kudos to ALL party people-- ledgie or not!! This tour is a blessing and I'm not going to celebrate it sitting down. I wish Lindsey would have come over too but we had plenty of interaction with Chris. She waves, smiles, nods and does her little dances moves--clearly having fun. I made a sign that said "Thank You For New Music". Just a flimsy sign written in marker but it worked. I brought it to the Chicago show too but realized some of the marker smudged after holding it up for a minute. This time it was legible and Chris saw it. She looked right at me, nodded and smiled. The guy on my left goes she saw it!

The security kept the aisles clear and told people to turn their flash off. Then for the encore they let everyone up. That was unexpected. I talked to one of the ushers after the show and he said every band does things different and they gave the all clear for fans to come up. That's when I saw Chris's shoes.

Can anyone verify Lindsey's comment about him and Chris "doing this again" or "we'll do this again"? I'm certain I heard him say that. He complimented Chris on her time away from the band saying it "took a lot of courage' for her to do what she needed to do.

I met a super sweet girl and her friend---one of the diehards like me--holding it down on the left side, on their feet and singing along to every song. It's so cool to meet people who go to multiple shows. Nothing to explain!!

The show was splendid. Occasional weak vocals and Chris doesn't play as much/keeps it simple like mentioned earlier in this thread. Lindsey brings the house down with his solo. The band sounds great even if I'm not thrilled about backing tracks. I love the songs. I love the emphasis on the new music and when they play those 4 new songs in a row towards the beginning I feel high as a kite! I felt a little sad on the way home tho. Only 2 more shows left. A family situation usurped my Detroit show and I'm STILL pissed about that. I'm so glad they did this album. Every day I appreciate the new music and the tour.