View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Which irks me to no end, because it ISN'T. No Christine, NOT Rumours era. To me Rumours-era is: Mick, John, Chris, Lindsey, Stevie...as a unit. Hence, '75 album, Rumours, Tusk, Live (1980), Mirage, Tango In The Night, most of tie 1988 Greatest Hits, The Dance.

Behind The Mask, Time, Say You Will, & Live In Boston (2003) are POST-Rumours era albums. Since not all of the qualifying 5 members are involved. Ok, those may argue that "Christine makes an appearance or two on SYW", well, so does Lindsey on both BTM & Time...but those aren't considered Rumours era.

A proposed compromise: If SYW is to be considered Rumours-era, then the Rumours forum name should be changed to "Buckingham & Nicks-era". That would be the only way SYW could qualify. But, as is, the criteria of being the 5 members who were on Rumours, it doesn't and shouldn't.
..... In your opinion.

The board has developed a long standing concensus without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Please don't kill me or put me down in any way when i say this.

I kinda consider SYW to be Rumours era part 2 cause, sure you're missing a member, but it is essentially the same lineup and it sounds pretty close musically to my ears, almost an updated version for the new millenium.

When someone says post-Rumours, I immediately have visions of Rick and Billy and BTM and Time, not SYW
I agree. Completely my own opinion, and I apologise to anybody who doesn't share it, but personally the term "Post Rumours" is synonymous with dip in quality and standards. Say You Will is a return to the mentality that made the Rumours era so great, so should even be an honorary member despite Chris' regrettable abscence.

Last edited by Silver Springs; 12-15-2010 at 06:32 PM..