View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

. . . i don't think anyone had pointed out these two interviews here on the board before (or i missed out on it), so thanks a million, k-h!

it's true that rainer fell ill with prostate cancer and according to his own words is preparing to die in the not too distant future. so i guess these might well be the last words on this matter from someone who was definitely there at the time.

the most interesting thing to me is that liam took the initiative to get in contact with rainer to question him. there seem to have been some understanding problems, though - maybe the line wasn't very good or rainer's english knowledges aren't too sophisticated.

another thing is that to this day i've never heard a single word from uschi obermaier concerning this. afaik she was the original driving force to invite peter to the premises. first of all peter was another link in the chain of rock stars she tried (and mostly succeeded) to shag (like hendrix, jagger, richards etc.). and then there were those plans to organize concerts with these people to make money with - which in the end never happened. but keeping in mind that uschi never really was a particularly reliable interviewee, there's probably not too much missing.

anyway - thanks again for drawing the attention to both these q&a sessions, k-h!