View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
TWH is really good. It is. But the masterpiece is BD.

When I'm eventually banished to a desert island for my remaining years, with however many albums I'm allowed to bring, Bella Donna will be there. TWH won't make the cut. BD is GREATNESS.

Old thing should have had her trailer hitch WELDED to Jimmy Iovine's bumper!
100% Agree. Bella Donna is flawless. The Wild Heart is just good. TWH could be improved in so many ways. You cant say that about Bella Donna.
Let me count the ways:
Title track is good but not as good as BD. The version on the deluxe release is so much better. Its faster paced and more rocking. Plus WTF Jimmy Iovine with that weird ending. They definitely wanted a more easy listening version.
If Anyone Falls - would not change it
Gate and Garden - probably her best vocal of any song ever. She hits the highest notes and Roy's playing is his most brilliant but I hate the song. Hate it! I see why it made the album because of Roy and Stevie's singing but its one of my least favorites. Replace it with the deluxe version of I sing for the things. A third video and releasing Enchanted, I will run to you, or Nothing Ever Changes would have prolonged the album on the charts.
Enchanted - would not change it
Nightbird - Good grief those cheezy 80s keyboards in the beginning sounds like some microwaving cats. Scrap it and replace it with All the beautiful worlds
Stand Back - would not change it
I will run to you - ok but I think Tom could have submitted a better song
Nothing Ever Changes - one of my favorites no changes
Sable on Blonde - scrap Mick. The deluxe version is so good in the beginning. The song should have been a mix between the 2 songs. Her deluxe version is so freaking good.
Beauty and the Beast ok

The guitar took a back seat compared to Bella Donna where guitars were the showcase. It was now well into the 80s which was common to have more keyboards. Nothing killed this album faster than Nightbird as a single. No one understood it and its just not a catchy single. It was almost like they said, the tour is over so lets kill the album. Releasing Enchanted or I Will Run To You or Nothing Ever Changes with a video would have extended the album's run.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-09-2021 at 06:02 AM..