View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I no longer believe that Stevie has any true feelings for Lindsey and I don’t want the pretense. What once gave me pleasure, like the flirting they did in 1997, would only make me feel more cynical and hardened today. I don’t think they feel the bond I ascribed to them. I thought The Chain was true and I no longer do.

But I think Lindsey wants the Mac to want him and to feel sorry. He said that Chris told him that deep down Stevie was sorry. At this point, I don’t even believe Christine actually said that to him. I don’t know. He might be delusional. He is the same guy who thinks Tusk is now everyone’s favorite album. He’s kind of a nut.

But they hurt him and if something can be done to make him feel better emotionally, then I want that to happen. It will not move ME, because I feel that I’ve been deluding myself all these years. But if it moves him, go for it. And, um, people were saying that Lindsey could have taken ill had he been on the FM tour.
Lindsey is a ham. He doesn’t want to die, not with a 14 year old left to finish raising. But if he HAD to go, I am sure he would like for it to be at the climax of the ISA solo when the stadium crowd has jumped to its feet, yelling in admiration. I think he wants one last Big Machine turn and I want what he wants.
Well, that's exactly what I told Lindsey at the Concord concert, and I have been punished for that.
I don't want him back because I feel it will be all fake on their side, not Lindsey's. BUT if that's what he wants ,if that's what makes him happy, then even if I don't want to see him again with those traitors, I guess I will have to accept it and be happy for him.

Anyway, I don't see it happening. At all. I'm even doubting what Christine said to him about Stevie is true. He shouldn't have said it, IMO.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.