View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I’m in my early 20s myself and I’ve never heard of this Billie person by name so I guarantee you she’s not huge lmao.
hm. interesting that you haven't. i'm not sure what you listen to. any alt music station, even mainstream radio plays her tons these days.

just googled her and first hit that came up is Grohl talking about seeing her at Wiltern recently - apparently he disagrees with your point that "the issue is that there’s about 500 of them and they’re all practically interchangeable" lol. i'm not gonna take yours vs Grohl's side except to say that teenagers i know are reacting the same as his daughters.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/dave-...irvana-2447502

i never said Nicks was not talented. and she definitely found and made her unique style / persona and is great in marketing herself. she had a combo that worked out, especially having a band to fall back on when she was down. and then few years ago, she and her pr people found a great avenue to rebrand and resell her as an icon through AHS. it's definitely been extremely smart marketing.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 02-16-2019 at 12:29 AM..