View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Well, I think they've made my mind up for me. I might just have dragged myself along to the O2 out of some sort of loyalty, but there's no way I'm going to sit in an 80 000 seater stadium for a Buckinghamless Mac with all the distance and alienation that would imply. If they've dropped Hypnotized already it's not going to be back in a country where Bob Welch fans are about as common as unicorns....

Enjoy the money, Mick. Many congratulations on your victory, Stevie. Let me know when you guys record something...
Perhaps I should wave a banner saying "Unicorns of the world unite". I too see no point in seeing this line-up while
  1. They have no new material to promote
  2. They've dropped Hypnotised while maintaining Monday Morning and Second Hand News.
  3. Black Magic Woman is overly rewritten just so Stevie can sing it.
  4. Stevie gets to sing a verse on Don't Dream It's Over and All Over Again in spite of the fact that their composers are on the stage with her.

Having seen them on the SYW and OWTS tours I'd only be there for Isn't It Midnight.
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.