View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewingdove View Post
As Lindsey has said, since she's left they've made it into more of a rock band and if Christine came back it'd be different because the member that added that taste of pop and blues to it so I think if she does there will be massive changes.
Hopefully positive minor changes
i don't know. Lindsey said forever that FM on stage is a rock band, while their albums are mostly glossy pop. it was always like that, with Christine or not (with the exception of SYW album, i guess - which average FM fans don't really like that much). and even with the 4, most of Stevie's songs they perform are either ballads or adult contemporary-ish while his are more of a rocking pop or slightly punkish. so there's a huge dichotomy there with the 4 too. i don't see that it will be that big of a change with the addition of Christine's songs, but it will also depend on which songs they choose to add.

that said, that's why i prefer LB solo to FM... other than SOTM and silver springs, i really didn't enjoy much of the SN songs, even though i love GDW and landslide in general. i got bored with the current version of mac live. LB solo shows, especially OMS, i never got bored with, no matter how many times i've seen the same show. there was always something new and exciting to discover, and there was so much more music served to a fan in the course of each show.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"