View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I was pleased with the EP overall, but believe it could have been stronger. "Sad Angel" and "It Takes Time" are both excellent in my opinion, but "Without You" is lacklustre and "Miss Fantasy" plods along at an ill-suited pace. Both of these could have been improved with more appropriate production.
Of course, Stevie's minimal involvement and apparent lack of enthusiasm for the project were most evident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think having Christine's keyboards on "Miss Fantasy" would have helped the song's pace, but the actual production sounds fine to me. Then again, I'm a huge fan of Mitchell Froom's producing.
finally some positive words about the EP. i'm completely puzzled by all the hate. yes, it threads mostly old grounds (recycled old song, and 2 songs that are sounding pure like FM formula), but listening through new songs of the band one is such a huge fan just once is just incomprehensible to me (i even listened to IYD 5-10 times!!). i can understand it for SN fans, since she's barely there, but FM fans? just don't get it. Sad Angel may be a formula song, but it's a great formula. and Miss Fantasy... well it's really poppy. both songs are nicely produced so i don't see that's the problem. It Takes Time is interesting departure... one may not like it, but can't say it's not different and interesting. people seem to be really divided on that one - some absolutely love it, others hate it. and yeah all 4 songs together are not cohesively produced... maybe they should have gone with Lindsey's original "throwing 2 songs on itunes" instead of Stevie's "let's have an EP" as far as cohesiveness goes, but i'd much rather have 4 songs than 2.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"