Thread: Bob Welch
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I'm not so sure the band had much say in the decision. I always got the impression that some of the people who control who gets inducted weren't all that crazy about inducting Fleetwood Mac in the first place. So, I really don't think Mick had the power to say who was to be included that, say, Jerry Garcia had with the Grateful Dead, as it could very well be that Fleetwood Mac was lucky to be inducted at all.
I'm all for a good conspriacy theory, but somehow I really doubt this, Steve. The Rock and Roll Hallf of Fame seems to let in just about anybody with even an ounce of credibility as long as they've been around for 25 years plus. And while it is a little odd that Fleetwood Mac were eligible for a full five years before being inducted, I can't imagine that there was such major opposition to them that Mick was told only certain folks could be included in the band's induction.

Regardless, I have to say that as much as I like Bob's work with Fleetwood Mac, I don't consider his not beign inducted as much of a sore spot, except on a perosnal level. Seems to me there could be few institutions more pointless than a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.