View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
Oh, one more thing. Rick always ships the Model 1 with Thomastik Infeld 11-52 strings which are pretty heavy if you are not used to them. (your fingers will hurt a bit on bends given the strings and the scale of the instrument). Both Lindsey's and mine are strung 10-46. (LB uses Ernie Ball I believe but I don't rate them as they go "flat" very quickly. Better to use THomastiks or D'Addarios) This is better for bends and playability but you do sacrifice a little bit of "grunt". If you want to change gauges then get the store to do it as the Model 1 always needs the truss rod tweaking for this. Its not difficult (the rod is located under the cover on the headstock, same as your Epi) but yeah, if you are not comfortable doing it leave it to the store.
Lemme ask you this...did you ever have to send your M1 back? I noticed, that Rick left the "lion head" off my headstock! Not only that but one of the knobs is "bent" (you can wiggle it back and forth) and is scuffed on the top too. Also, he gave me these weird Steinberger tuning heads that I dont like at all. I was expecting Grovers. Hmm...anyway...he told me to "send the guitar back and they would fix it ASAP"...which is cool, but now I gotta shell out another $125 to ship it. Not to mention the dangers of shipping and what not...GRR!!