View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild-heart View Post
Hehe mee too, it has been a pretty great day doing college work. I love my projects I have been given so i'm spending all of my time doing them. The Annie Lennox videos have inspired me to do a photoshoot for fashion. So i'm excited. I love days when you feel really creative and get loads done.

I understand your situation and I find it so insulting when people have a go for living off student finances. At least you're trying to do something with your life unlike the people who run their mouths. You're very talented and an hardworker (well from what i gather) so sod what people think.

I was at my friends the other week and her friend was there who i had never met before and she knew me and Amy were doing photography & carrying on at uni after to top it off to a degree and she was telling us that it's a waste of time and it won't get us anywhere. She's on the dole so i didn't get too offended. Some people are just idiots and don't understand education.

I wish I felt inspired at the moment. I'm feeling quite uncreative today (uck!), so just spending my time researching for my classes and dissertation.

It makes me laugh so much when people who are living on the dole seem to develop an oracle state when it comes to the working industry. If you haven't tried to get a job or do something for society, and are just using the dole as an excuse to do very little, then you are the sponger. I wouldn't get offended at all. There are plenty of opportunities for photographers. Local newspapers, tabloids, freelance, food, retail and leisure photograph, the list goes on. Though the food photography aspect could be dodgy, unless you plan on photographing Kebabs for a living lol. Which I know you wouldn't want to do. I'm sure there'll be plenty of options for you outside of education.