View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I can think of far worse ways to spend an afternoon

JTIS. People with their holier than thou attitudes regarding my financial situation really get on my nerves. Yes, I'm allowing myself to get into debt because of my education. No. I don't have a job. But people stop listening right there. They don't listen to the next part of the story. I'm in debt because I'm from a poor working class family. My parents are disabled and cannot work, and thus we have very little by the way of income. So there is no way they could afford to put me through years of a Degree course. And I don't have a job because as well as working so hard that I often have to go without sleep, I am a carer for my father. I am at his constant beck and call because of his ill health and his inability to do much for himself. He's been house bound for years. And no, I don't surround myself with the latest luxuries. I don't have an iPad, Credit Card, widescreen TV, Stereo Sound System, Car ( I walk or use public transportation), own home (I live with my parents who live in a council run home) or any source of real financial security. I don't sponge off of the system. I buy the bare necessities. People don't generally hear any of that. They just hear that I'm a student living off of student loans. To them that translates into lazy. Thank you, ignorant people of Facebook for ruining my mood. Why must everything be so hideously black and white?

Some people really need to think before opening their god damn mouths.

And breathe...
Hehe mee too, it has been a pretty great day doing college work. I love my projects I have been given so i'm spending all of my time doing them. The Annie Lennox videos have inspired me to do a photoshoot for fashion. So i'm excited. I love days when you feel really creative and get loads done.

I understand your situation and I find it so insulting when people have a go for living off student finances. At least you're trying to do something with your life unlike the people who run their mouths. You're very talented and an hardworker (well from what i gather) so sod what people think.

I was at my friends the other week and her friend was there who i had never met before and she knew me and Amy were doing photography & carrying on at uni after to top it off to a degree and she was telling us that it's a waste of time and it won't get us anywhere. She's on the dole so i didn't get too offended. Some people are just idiots and don't understand education.