View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have no idea wtf is going on with this band. Something about this story doesn't register correctly... I think there are gaping holes in the story. Let's recap what's been said:

1)ok so supposedly Lindsey pitched a fit at a show. This is not inconceivable. He apparently did it backstage (onstage would be unforgivable), and the show went on as it should have. So that can not, to me, be a reason for them to split up. Have your same old fights over it all and move on.

2) Then I've heard, no, what really did it was a fight over the Lindsey solo tour and his asking them to maybe somehow adjust the FM tour so he can still support his solo tour. Reportedly the band didn't want to be flexible about it, and knowing how Lindsey feels about loyalty etc, clearly that could set him off and cause a band spat. I can see some sort of spat where Stevie plays her same old card of threatening not to tour. (Think of the spat they had after recording SYW over the double/single album thing and Stevie threatening not to tour and LB giving in because a short tour meant less money). I can see this making Mick nervous because again, less money without her. I can see Lindsey saying to Mick, why don't you back ME up instead of capitulating to her threats? I mean, this is not a new argument for this band either; god knows how many times they must have had it.

So what I can't make fit is how it goes from either one or both of these situations to Lindsey leaving the band, and, furthermore, leaving not in an "I quit because you don't support me!" way on his part (which you could sorta make a case for) but in a "You're fired!" way from Mick. I just don't see that. First of all, I don't think Mick has the singular authority to just fire anyone in the band. It would have to be a group decision...so, yes I can see him being the one the others make be the bearer of the bad news to LB..... but so far I still haven't heard anything that rings like a true cause for that to even happen in the first place.

On a personal note, I will say that if this is true: I've loved this band forever, and think these people are (mostly) great individually. I have followed all of them forever as a band and as solo artists. For them to splinter now, and in this way, would be, frankly, disgusting. A shameful indication of their lack of maturity, lack of professionalism and lack of humility. It's a slap in the face to everything and everyone that put them on top. It is the most incredibly undignified way to go out. I love Mike Campbell, but that is NOT Fleetwood Mac, that's a golden oldies lounge act and I wouldn't spend a nickel to see them.

But even having said THAT, I still am waiting to hear more info. that convinces me the firing bit is real. The fighting part is totally believable, of course.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-07-2018 at 05:15 PM..