View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Ironically I just read in a 2014 Hollywood gossip Magazine a quote from Lana Del Ray. She said she had slept with a gazillion guys in the music industry hoping they could further her music career and she said she got her contract from men she never slept with and so all that sleeping around didn't help her at all and was annoyed by that.

BTW, I consider myself very up to date musically but I have never heard of her.
Ah ah, well of course if she had already slept with them why should they have helped her for? They'd already got what they wanted for free .

Apart from bad jokes, I'm just a casual fan of her and I seldom heard her on conventional media too. She's not really alternatice but not even mainstream music, which appeals to young hipsters. She's got a sort of vintage and "pained" atmoshpere about her and her music that makes her interesting, at least to me, but at the same time maybe a little too strained/stilted in the long run.
I only caught the singles from her Born to Die album, which then I found good, the single Blue Jeans was used for a TV spot and if I remember well she performed it (badly, unluckily for her) on SNL and I enjoyed very much her contribution for the soundtrack of Big Eyes for Tim Burton. After that I "lost trace" of her.