View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
RACIST

In the end, I think the D's will rally around Obama, if he gets it. I also think that the blacks will come out of the woodwork to vote for him and he will get some of the white vote as he did in the primary. I also think he is smooth and cagey enough to get around McCain, who is not. Personally, the running mates of either may prove more interesting and influential.

I also think it is important to remember that pretty much every national poll condicted in the last few months has Obama beating McCain. They are not dispositive. But, they show that the race is his to lose as of now.

I want to clarify that I do not think Obama is worse than any of the other three. I am just saying that his lack of really doing anything to its fruition will harm him when weighed against a rather moderate senior senator and former POW.

Only time will tell.
BITCH!

I think it's very possible that we may have another 2000 situation in which Obama wins the popular vote, but McCain wins the electoral college vote. It really boils down to the battleground states where Obama is clearly losing.

Regarding the polls, there are some that have Obama ahead of McCain, others have him behind. In any event, it's very close. Those same polls, however, show that Clinton is consistently ahead of McCain by a larger percentage. I think the most interesting (and objective) analysis is at electoral-vote.com, which forecasts the electoral vote breakdown based on prevailing polling data. Interestingly, as of May 11:

An Obama vs. McCain contest has McCain winning 290 vs. Obama's 237 (11 tied)

A Clinton vs. McCain contest has Clinton winning 280 vs. McCain's 241 (17 tied)