View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Obama will win the general election and for one simple reason:

Hillary Clinton has not been able to get a big enough chunk of the independent vote.
Independents have come out in lop-sided margins for Barack Obama - and that is why he will be elected in November with some surprising new swing states in play. Watch Colorado, Virginia, Oregon, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, Michigan, and possibly Indiana.
His support has been broad - not unlike that of Reagan's when he was running for his first term.
The yellow pants suit express may have the poor/white/uneducated vote locked up, but elections aren't won with that bloc for Democrats. They are won by educated urban people in big cities along with swing voters.
All of the Appalachian states that Hillary is priding herself in winning will go to McCain anyway.
So her WV victory speech will be all about poor white dumb people tonight and she'll ride that wave until ultra-white Oregon goes overwhelmingly for Obama next week. Super-dels will continue to side with Obama every day until the last week of May when we can call it a day.

Educated Americans make the world go 'round. I find it pathetic to think that such a smart candidate like Clinton would alienate them from "day one". Given her background and education, it's hilarious to watch her call Obama elitist. He's worked his ass off and became the editor of the Harvard Law Review - credentials that are not unlike her own.

You will also find, my fine fellow political historians; that most of our presidents who we think of as "great"
did not go into office with what you define as experience. Often the most "experienced" first termers have ended up miserable failures.

I'm sure Lindsey Buckingham voted for Obama - but not so sure about Stevie.

Last edited by dontlookdown; 05-13-2008 at 01:47 PM..