View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I remember watching it and recording it on my VCR. It was great to see them all back together. I heard someone on the radio say something like if that is how they sound for not performing live in 15 years, they can stay away. It irked me when they kept saying the first time together in 15 years. It was like the band did not exist in the BTM era. Stevie's weight gain was shocking. The comedian on MTV during the inaugural said "who took the air hose to Stevie Nicks.' That stuff had to hurt. This was right before she hit rock bottom and fell into her fireplace and got off tranquilizers. Her dead stare in this photo is hard to look at and I am being serious. Totally dead eyes.
Also the band said several times around this show that this was not a sign the band was getting back together and would not happen.
yes, Lindsey had said in every damn interview how he barely wanted to even do this. he was incessantly trying to distance himself from the band at that time.

john, of course, was a republican and was no fan of clinton. but i think he enjoyed it in the end. ( still had his ring from chris on...prob about a year before it disappeared. ) but mick and chris said they would have voted for clinton, and Lindsey said he had. i think stevie did as well..?

I recall Ken Caillat saying that he thought they sounded terrible at the inauguration. but it was still a thrill for us fans. i recorded it too, and watched the sh*t out of that tape for like a week afterward lol.

--Lis