Thread: R.I.P. Storms
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
I'm so sad/pissed off they took Storms off the set list for GYPSY.

Gypsy is great but they play it every time. Even Stevie plays it at her own tours. It's such a shame they took off a really great song that they don't play frequently for GYPSY of all tracks. I would have loved to hear Storms it's easily my Top 5 FM song.

How about you guys?
I love Storms but in watching videos even people in the front were talking during Storms. People who have been to numerous shows are talking about how bad some of the audiences have been complete with one woman waving a $100 bill at Stevie to get her to come over to her with Neil finally coming over, taking it looking at it and handing it back to her. Personally I felt Storms was too dirge like for this particular set of mostly up tempo songs. But dropping Hypnotized and I Got You is not a good move IMO. You have to keep playing the songs for them to find their audience. The reason a lot of people don't know Hypnotized is because they haven't played it in 40 years and you have a large segment of your audience that discovered you 20 years ago and don't even know that Mystery To Me exists. Hell, those kids don't even know what AOR was. Bummer for them. Anyway this is why historically I always go to opening night. I want to see the whole set. I'm kicking myself hard for not doing that this time.