Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Sounds like a good idea. Though I don't have one of those
stores near me. Maybe 40 miles or so.

Diana's album arrived today with a bonus. The cover was
bent due to total lack of caring about packaging. I won't say
the name of the retailer, but there's a forest with a very similar
name.
Wow you got to travel .Thats to bad that Diana K got ruined.Yes .Lack of packing there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
It just takes a balance. The all-or-nothing approach doesn't work with music when the best sound is what you are after. Some artists/labels/genres sound better on CD. Some sound better on vinyl. For instance, I'd *never* buy Depeche Mode on vinyl because it's music largely created with digital instruments. Also, some labels and some bands always release terrible digital-to-vinyl pressings that sound bad on any system. It can be hit or miss.

In other news.....

I pre-ordered the new Regina Spektor album that released on September 30. It was a 2LP, clear vinyl pressing with a lithograph and bonus tracks.

It arrived with the "CLEAR VINYL" sticker on it. But...it was black vinyl. I was super annoyed at first, so I wrote to Warner and let them know. Turns out, all off the copies that were supposed to be clear were pressed in black by mistake, so Warner is sending out new copies in clear vinyl to everyone who pre-ordered it. In the end, I get two for the price of one, and I'm ok with that.
Yes .I agree.Some of the later artists and bands dont sound great on vinyl as my friend said.Also I doubt much that Stevie and other older artists did not use the old 24 track analog recorders anymore to produce their latest vinyl albums.

I found these YT videos interesting.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016