View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have water that's been well boiled for drinking (I'm hyper-sensitive to chlorine) and I use that with a very tiny amount of dish soap but that's just on your cheap bargain bin records that are dirty and I might use the proper cleaning fluid later and the nicer turntable and needle. There used to be a website put together by eBay music fans called The Roadhouse that had some good stuff about cleaning vinyl, even de-warping but I've never been very successful with that.

I also used to do old 78s on a turntable of my Father's with it's special wider needle for those grooves. Only a few of them have ever shown up on offical CD. They needed a lot of cleaning and help from the PC de-clicking and de-hissing and I made two cool CD-Rs; one with blues and early rock stuff and the other with western swing, yodelling and hillbilly boogie bop type stuff. I mention it as it was a Father's Day project but I liked it as much as he did. This year I did a latter-day Carter Family compilation for him that is a bit rare.