View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I love this season of AHS, as I did the other 2. But I'm actually a bit disappointed in the use of Stevie's music so far though. I want deeper cuts, darker subject - GDW, Moonlight, SOTM, TISL. I fear they will only use her hits & it could be so much better with the "witcher" songs. Rhiannon was a no-brainer, but Edge? I don't get any connection there. Even Sara was a huge stretch, although it was in a scene with Misty & Kyle.
While I too have been hoping for deeper cuts, I can't disagree with the tracks used so far, and the ways in which they were used.

Edge Of Seventeen is somewhat about being fierce in the face of death & adversity... so Misty reviving the poached gators, and then those revived gators taking out their poachers, was pretty appropriate in my eyes.

We knew Rhiannon had to be used... after all, like Misty said, it was Stevie's anthem. And the song definitely alludes to a witchy woman. They couldn't NOT use Rhiannon.

Regarding Sara... I thought it's usage was brilliant. The song is about an intense, short-lived love. One that might possibly be rekindled, but is definitely gone. That's pretty much exactly what happened with Misty & Kyle... Misty was falling for him, but Zoe came back to claim Kyle, leaving Misty heartbroken. I thought the implementation of Sara was beautiful, reverent, & unexpected, I loved it!

I'm looking so forward to tonight's episode. I'm sad to say, this has become the highlight of my week! The only way American Horror will disappoint me with their Stevie song choices is if they don't implement Sisters Of The Moon.