View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yeah, this article is rather infamous in the Stevie community. The people who have drank too much of the Stevie Kool Aid think she wasn't talking about abortions, but rather her songs . Like skuncles said, Stevie alluded to it absolutely being about her abortions in other interviews. It's my humble opinion that she really did have that many terminated pregnancies. She had a fame bloated ego, she was doing obscene amounts of hardcore drugs and drinking for many years, and had scads of well-documented trysts. Who knows how many "affairs" there were that we didn't know about. Who knows... there could have been more than 4 abortions, we know how Stevie likes to revise history in her favor when she's interviewed.

Not sure if you know this, but Don Henley claimed in his book he was the father of one of Stevie's aborted children, that she named the baby Sara, and wrote the song of the same name about the situation. I actually think he's wrong about the story of Sara, but that's just my opinion. I do believe he did actually impregnate Stevie though, and she terminated the pregnancy.

I know for me personally, when I learned of this article and it's contents, it was a bit hard for me to digest. I had to remind myself repeatedly that I am a fan of Stevie's music, and her personal life is just that: her personal life. She's not my role model, she's not a spokesperson on morality, she's just a woman who sings and writes songs that allow me to escape from my crappy life for a few minutes.