View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I actually think he does, on one level. He's always thought that dedication to craft, to getting better at what you do, matters. Stevie's always been about playing the fame game. Someone said it in another forum, about her RRHOF win-- that she's been a master at networking, at connecting herself with the big industry players, and I'dd at she's also been great at playing the media, at building a visual as well (maybe even more than) a musical image. Christine hit in on the head when she said in RS that Stevie is like a brand. And none of it was by accident-- she wanted this level of fame desperately, and partnered with anyone who could compensate for her lack of certain skills to get her where she wanted to go. It's totally why she won't do new music-- she wouldn't top the charts, and if she can't be number one, she's not interested. Touring she can still make the top levels of box-office receipts, and she can be reminded daily of being the queen-- private jets, presidential suites, lackeys waiting on her. Hell she's probably loved this tour, not having all those press duties.

Her winning this just reinforces that talent is sooo not enough in this business. You gotta play the game. Lindsey has not played it as well, has in fact pushed against all that phoniness, and she's happy to gloat.

And to those saying her dedication of Landslide to Irving doesn't mean anything, have you not been paying attention? She has very often used the dedication to send a message. It's not that she dedicated it per se, it's to WHOM she did and WHEN she did. It's the timing. Lindsey has been very publicly throwing shade on Azoff, so Stevie comes out and kisses his ass (which is hilarious considering she fired him back in the day). She's letting him and everyone in her biz know that Lindsey doesn't speak for anyone in the band.
Well said and I agree with almost all of this.

My point is that he has now COME to terms with who she is and has moved on. I feel he has risen above her as a human being and that's more important to him in his life now.

I think she is the one that resents it.