View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Remember, in the email, Christine says: "I believe deep in Stevie's heart that ..."

So that doesn't even qualify as hearsay, let alone an actual statement by Stevie.

And for me, the most telling word was "deep (in Stevie's heart)."
While no doubt I'm reading too much into it, I personally can't help seeing that as indicating (intentionally or not) that Stevie is far, far from any regret about her decision as far as missing Lindsey's company goes. Either Christine wishes it were so, or she was merely drawing on her own lyrical penchant for turning a pretty, romantic phrase.

I'm not saying he's the Second Coming and is above inclinations to some revenge, but sharing the email is to me mostly about giving the public and fans some much-wanted information and closure after what's happened this year, particularly from the perspectives of (i) that it was Stevie and not the rest of the band and (ii) protecting the narrative of the Buckingham McVie (aka "LMJC") project and the legacy of the Rumours 5. Edit: And knowing that Christine would not be "permitted" by Stevie And The Machine to make statement publicly herself.

It may well be that Christine, to salvage her own reputation among fans and clarify her own position in the matter, gave Lindsey the go-ahead--possibly even at her own initiative--to make the email public, on the premise that Lindsey did not suggest that it was anything other than a private email that he had decided to publicly reveal.
I do stand corrected on that Christine quote. But the bigger point remains. If the email is true, what does Mick and Stevie think about Christine and Lindsey? Christine is guessing what Stevie thinks and telling Lindsey? Christine is throwing Mick and Stevie under the bus and running away from his firing. IMHO, its a chaos cannon that has been launched into the band. Does Christine feel betrayed? Did Lindsey use her to get revenge on Mick and Stevie?