Thread: San Jose 11/21
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I didn't get the sense this had anything to do with somebody writing about Stevie's flubbed lyrics in their review. It would be odd not to mention it, even in a positive review. I'm definitely one of those people who finds moments like that endearing, or at least interesting. Having seen so many shows, and so many performances of certain songs, it's actually kind of cool to have something make it memorable.

I agree that the site is meant to be a resource. All reviews should get posted, and the vast majority of them do. Kudos to the Ledgies who keep up with all the news and post it for the rest who don't have the time. But if you haven't regularly been posting reviews, but the one headlined "FM flops with LB" is posted less than 6 hours after the show's end, it's going to be perceived as selective posting and will probably be called out as a way to push people's buttons. I would expect no less if I did that in the Lindsey forum.

It's a band, fans are going to have their likes and dislikes, and all of this is magnified 100x in a band like FM with multiple singer/songwriters, not to mention a drummer with his own unique personality. I can't believe it's this hard to just read and post the things that interest you and ignore the things that don't. No one changes their mind because they're antagonized on the internet; if anything, they just dig their heels in deeper. See any discussion of politics as an example.
Exactly. I'm never going to think Lindsey didn't have a hand in his own demise with Fleetwood Mac. On the other side of that I don't think the people who hate Stevie are going to change their minds about anything. Its just the way it is. When you start calling people troll, stans or snowflake no one will be interested in the point you're trying to make either if that's really your goal. Not talking about you Mike.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 11-24-2018 at 04:14 PM..