View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 04:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
DO YOU know what Felder got? I mean, it should have been STAGGERING. Technically, by default, he was 1/3 owner of the Eagles BRAND(since Leadon and Meisner quit - giving up their own 1/5ths, respectively - and Walsh and Schmidt were never owners in the brand). I'd love to know...
In addition, Felder wrote some/most of the Eagles biggest hits. Felder was not going to allow them to play them live without his settlement. The settlement was so large that I believe Felder sold them the rights to his songs. Felder wrote most of the music and also assisted in writing Hotel California. The entire intro is Felder. Great interview of this where he talks a little about this on the Howard Stern show. He cant talk about it either but there are some subtle hints and talk. Poor Joe, he was really good friends with Felder and loved to jam with him on stage. He has remained silent because the Eagles would have tossed him out of the band which would have resulted in tens of millions of dollars lost of touring.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-14-2016 at 04:55 AM..