View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe I should have made myself clearer in the original post. Back in 1994 (maybe 1995) I got in touch with another Stevie fan from Portland, OR (I'm in Illinois). He said he had unreleased single/extended remix of The Nightmare which, oddly enough, has always been a favorite song of mine. In exchange I sent him two Stevie bootlegs on vinyl I had gotten from a store called Vintage Vinyl. I thought I was being ripped off but this store had other copies I could just buy to replace them. Anyway about 2-3 weeks later I got a CD in the mail (It was an actual CD as I don't believe CDR's had been invented yet). The CD was in a case with no inserts. The CD itself looked very similar to the US Promo CD of "Whole Lotta Trouble". The only difference was it was black lettering on the lower part of the CD and not white. It said "The Nightmare" and then 1. Single 2. Remix. It had a PR number but since I lost the CD in a move back in 2003 I can't remember what it was. Whether this was a rare in house promo or a bootleg is beyond me. Most record companies weren't releasing promo CD single in 1986. The "Remix" is a longer version of the Single Version running 6:13, it is NOT the same version used on the I Can't Wait single nor is it close to any of the demo/early mixes we all have. It's clearly been slightly remixed, Stevie's vocals sound a little different in places and the end is instrumental instead of Stevie's ad libs. The extended mix has an instrumental breakdown in the middle and all the verses are intact but like the single version, the ending is instrumental without the ad libs. I just always wondered if it is indeed an official single remix. There is now way this is a fan mix.

Last edited by ahafan02; 08-22-2017 at 05:52 PM..