View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default another thought

Regarding "It Takes Time"
I agree that of the FM takes of this song, the f=version in Sweden 69 had a lot of fire. The problem for me was Mick and John seemed to make it into a march rather than a pony ride
It was more reachable as a song with Brunning Sunflower but the Playing was subdued.

The splinter group played the song better and it worked as a song for them. It was Nigel who was less than up to the task, in my opinion.
As far as A Fool No More. The in The Skies version is so steamy and smoldering, it is reminiscent of Love That Burns.

Regarding the Stumble. To me nothing beats Bluesbreaker version that was released recently by Mayall in that five disc set. He just set the stage on fire. It was just like the "Stop Messin Around" from the College of Distributive Arts"

As for the Supernatural, It is hard to judge that one because it was manufactured in the studio and it is almost a "One of a kind". It sure had Carlos Santana swayed. I am sure that that had a direct effect on the first note he played on his version of Black Magic Woman

I like the Splinter Groups version of Tribal Dance. It is a more mature developed piece by this time

doodyhead