View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
It's good that we have some aural record of Bobby Hunt's keyboards as he was a quasi-member of the band at that point. I think I can tell his parts apart from Christine's. How would it be fair to describe his style .. a bit more intricate, showy, even?
It should be easy to tell Bobby Hunt (and even Doug Graves) from Christine McVie. Bobby (& Doug) played organ & synthesisers, Christine played only acoustic & electric pianos on that tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I can't imagine Christine doing a Peter Green song but would have liked to have heard her try! I could see Stevie taking the lead on Green Manalishi, though, rather than just wailing inchoately at the end of it back in 1975.
At some shows from '72-74, and also even at some early shows in '75, the band with Christine on lead vocals did Duster Bennett's "Jumping At Shadows" which was one of Peter Green's great covers back in the early days of Fleetwood Mac.

The sound quality isn't all that great (but better than most from that era) and the tapers won't shut up during the set, but the 1974 Shrine Auditorium show is worth searching for. It's the entire set and they go places that they didn't normally go to very often in those days.

Last edited by chiliD; 10-05-2015 at 05:42 PM..