View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP View Post
Thank you!!! I get so tired of hearing Lindsey talk about the "machine" that is Fleetwood Mac. He wanted his freedom, he wanted to work on solo material and on and on and on. Honestly, I can't remember him ever saying how much he appreciates Fleetwood Mac, how much he enjoys being in Fleetwood Mac, how he wouldn't trade it for anything. Instead, the closest he can come is to say I'm sad because we have always worked through the "disfunction." Then of course, the plug..."everything else is turned into a positive." Oh yes, your precious solo material, lest we forget.

How about saying something positive about the band? How about saying how much they have given you rather than the other way around.

Honestly, I like Lindsey, he's *close* to being my favorite member and yes, he is by far the nicest and most generous when it comes to fans. But holy hell, the band must get sick and tired of hearing how they are such a thorn in his side.

I agree with Stevie. Being 70 years old, she has the right to want to be happy.
I get what you're saying, especially considering his repetitive speech about the big/small machine and all that, but I don't think that means he (in recent years) isn't grateful for the band. He's talked lovingly about the band multiple times and even wrote that song On With the Show from the BM album for the band.
I think he still wishes the band would be more 'out there' creatively but in general I think that was much more of an issue in the past than it has been in recent years and his speech about big/small machine is his weirdo way of accepting that. Plus I think he really valued that 'cycles'/coming full circle thing he always talked about. That's why he wanted them to do a final album, he really wanted to CREATE within the group and he valued wrapping up their final chapters.

Ironically Stevie is the one who I think has most treated Fleetwood Mac like a thorn in her side. Lindsey may have bitched about it but hey, he still did the work and got his job done. Stevie on the other hand has blown them off/complained about them a bunch of times, ever since her solo career took off. Her lack of availability during Tango in the Night, the album that was supposed to happen soon after The Dance but didn't, the album that was supposed to happen after Unleashed but didn't, the 2013 tour that was actually supposed to start in 2012 but she said no, when 24 KG came out and she was complaining that she couldn't promote it enough because of the FM tour, wouldn't record with them etc.