Thread: Tango vocals
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As the person who contacted Sister Nightroad says, the article says this:

On “When I See You Again,” Nicks’ voice almost crumbles and shatters into atoms. “Stevie was the worst she’s ever been,” Buckingham told Uncut in 2013. “I didn’t recognize her...I had to pull performances out of words and lines and make parts that sounded like her that weren’t her.”

Here's the thing -- this sentence is from the writer, expressing their own opinion:
On “When I See You Again,” Nicks’ voice almost crumbles and shatters into atoms

They then went back to an older interview Lindsey did with someone else and in which he talked about the overall issues dealing with Stevie during the making of that album:
“Stevie was the worst she’s ever been,” Buckingham told Uncut in 2013. “I didn’t recognize her...I had to pull performances out of words and lines and make parts that sounded like her that weren’t her.”

By kluging those two pieces together the writer makes it appear as if Lindsey's comment was made in response to being asked about WISYA specifically. He was not. He was asked about working with her on everything.

He has said many times before that she was not available to work on either his or Chris's songs. There's the infamous story from Mick in his book that when Stevie did show up at one point she was mad she was not heard on any of their songs, and Chris said to her that she had wanted Stevie on the songs but Stevie had not been there. They then came to a truce and Stevie recorded some bits like "tell me lies" on Little Lies. But Lindsey had already done his work on those songs to try and make it sound like she was in the mix on other parts as well because they didn't know they'd get anything more from her.

My original question was about the claim that in one song you can hear that Lindsey has tweaked his own voice to sound like her and then after the middle 8 you hear him go back to his own voice. I'd love to know what song that is.

Whew.