View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
One more:

7. I don't download, not ever, for anything, or apparently now, any one or any band. I also don't buy things that aren't already assembled. Same philosophy. Why should I pay and then have to pay more, and especially, to spend more of my time to create my own physical copy? And I'm certainly not going to allow some "entity" to tell me how many times and to what machine I am allowed to copy the stuff. It's not about the artwork.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo View Post
I want to buy the EP in physical format because that's usually the only way to get lossless, uncompressed music. If the download were available in a lossless format like FLAC, I would have happily purchased it.
just to make sure i understand what you are saying: you did not get new music in the format you prefer, and therefore you don't even want to listen to it.

i think i can understand that. for some ears, you just can't stand certain kind of noise. my husband is like that. he can't stand listening to the recorded live music on youtube, or over the phone speakers. so i'm guessing it bothers you so much that you cannot hear every single sound that was made / originally recorded / mixed / mastered that would be available in some kind of lossless format, that you would rather hear nothing at all from your favorite band.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"