View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I agree. Of course we would like to hear it. But just because we know it exists doesn't mean everyone is entitled to hear it or for it be released. If you started to create something, abandoned it in mid-process, leaving it unfinished/underdeveloped and substandard, why would you have any motivation to expose it the world?

No one predicted the internet, or that it would allow lots of unreleased stuff to be shared so freely and easily. We've come to expect that as the norm - nothing is off limits. Unless Christine or Dennis shared their work-in-progress by disseminating it on cassettes to all of their friends (like Stevie Nicks did ). Only if someone gets hold of track reels (if they even exist) and posts them online, will they ever see the light of day.
I agree. What happened with Jimi Hendrix's posthumous releases was unsavory. One difference: some of the music is "full-blown studio tracks."

However, I wonder why this information is surfacing now. I suspect Christine herself has informed journalists of the music and is putting out an initial buzz about it in her typical maybe/maybe not fashion. This is, remember, how news of her solo album began to surface.

A boy can dream, can't he?

Last edited by aleuzzi; 09-08-2014 at 06:50 AM..