View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Default Fleetwood Mac - happy at the top (Rolling Stone 1982)

I remember reading this article in real time and its fun to read it today. A few things we can understand better today. However, I was always a bit confused why Rolling Stone stated that Stevie would not partake in the interview on the advice of her manager. WTH? When I read that at the time, I thought it was about her beef with Rolling Stone making fun of her singing on the White Album. But this was only one year after RS put Stevie on their cover for Bella Donna. So why would her manager not want Stevie to partake in the interview. Its also revealed how much Stevie hates recording studios. When I was 13 and reading this, I thought Christine took a swipe at Stevie about getting the teddy bear on stage claiming usually only Stevie gets that kind of stuff. But today I can clearly see its Christine's sense of humor. You can see the debate between Mick and Lindsey about trying to get radio friendly music for Mirage. Clearly Christine was proud of Mirage claiming she was not surprised it was #1.
Anyway, just strolling down memory lane. Great read if you have not read it.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...the-top-59982/