View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

you know what i don't get? the woman is obviously not doing well, having a bad flu and who knows what else as they needed to cancel all these dates. yet her fans on these boards make up complaint threads about other posters while nobody made a thread to wish her well. if you care about the woman, or if you are just a normal human, i would think you'd want her to live and be healthy. i hope she's actually getting better and wish all the health to Stevie.
Please. They may not do it here, but believe me they are wishing her well. Once I was in some kind of Stevie circle group. I mean, I didn’t seek it out, but when I came back here in 2007, someone invited me into it. So, they circulated this e-card for people to sign for Stevie’s birthday and I just quietly ignored it. But the head of the circle kept reminding me that the deadline was coming. Finally, I said I didn’t Want to sign it and she practically had a nervous breakdown. I am not exaggerating. And she went around telling people that I “wouldn’t even sign Stevie’s birthday card.”

And back then, it didn’t have to do with Stevie. I loved Stevie then. I just think it’s stupid to wish celebrities a Happy Birthday. I don’t wish Lindsey Happy Birthday. The only one I wished happy birthday is Bob Welch and that was only because he was here on the board. And he promptly told me that it wasn’t his birthday. He said that the birthday that is listed for him is the wrong one because he lied about his birthday in an interview. Why I do not know. But that kind of solidified for me the fact that you should not say happy birthday to celebrities.

Anyway, don’t worry. Stevie’s fans wish her a speedy recovery. They have probably been sending her blood donations, just in case she needs them.

Michele