Thread: Crush
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Amber and Gateandgarden, get real. This whole thread started when somebody's college professor said he had a crush on Christine. The poster even clarified that the professor did in fact mean Christine, not Stevie, which was a surprise to said poster. So, essentially, this is a thread about why some guys have a crush on Christine and not Stevie. And, Homer, being a GUY, is simply expressing why he has a crush on Christine and not Stevie.

Sorry to burst your chiffon bubble, but Stevie is NOT normal. Normal women don't go around in public always wearing chiffon and platforms (or Reeboks with rhinestones glued to them ). Normal women don't have a huge entourage. Normal women wear jeans and sneakers, or slacks and blazers, or dresses. In other words, most women are like Christine, not Stevie. But who cares? Do you think Stevie WANTS to be normal? No, she wants to be a star. She wants to be a recognizable celebrity, and the only way to be THAT is to be different. I mean, Mick is different and is easily recognized while John is normal and could easily get lost in a crowd.

Yes, dream catchers are part of certain people's religions, but not Stevie's. She's gone on record as being a born-again Christian. But, that's not why most people think of her as a fragil, fairy princess type. Stevie has her schtick. She's become this caricature that she created YEARS ago, and a lot of people don't buy it. A lot of people also have issues with her twirling and her song topics, which feed into the caricature (and, please note, I'm not saying I don't like the songs listed, because I like most of them):
Rhiannon
Dreams
Gold Dust Woman
Sisters Of The Moon
Gypsy
Seven Wonders
Paper Doll
Sweet Girl
Illume (9/11)
Running Through The Garden
Bella Donna
Wild Heart
Gate And Garden
Enchanted
Nightbird
Sable On Blond
Beauty And The Beast
Ghosts
Alice
Juliet
Trouble In Shangri-La
Candlebright
Sorcerer
Planets Of The Universe
Bombay Sapphires

While Christine's songs are usually the safest on record, and can be dull, she sings normal, pop love songs. Nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty straight-forward. That's why people can relate to her more on a human level. You'll never see a Christine fan call her "the queen of rock" or refer to her as a "rock godess." Christine is just a normal woman who was asked to join her buddy's blues band, then fell into Fleetwood Mac, and then fell into rock stardom. Christine didn't ask for any of it. She's the antithesis of a rock star. She's one of us, and happened to get lucky. Stevie is almost like a diva. I think she's too nice a person and cares too much about her fans to be called a diva, but she does have that superstar quality about her. She is/was the superstar and the sex symbol of Fleetwood Mac. Christine was just the cute girl next door.

In any event, if you don't want to know why some guys prefer Christine over Stevie, then ignore a thread called "Crush" on the Christine board. You chiffon heads can be so insecure if somebody says they prefer ANYBODY over Stevie.
Easy, big fella. sheesh. I love that someone had a crush on Christine, i think she is a standup laydeh. I think we were just addressing how Homie felt the need to compare her to Stevie, ie, he started it. And quit calling us "insecure", we were just standing up for our girl. Homie's the one who felt the need to compare. And Stevie still doesn't seem that weird to me. I understand her quite well. I guess that makes me weird, then so be it. Get a grip yourownself. And P.S.? just for the record, Stevie does wear normal clothes around. See Destiny Rules doc.- just some nice slacks and jackets.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -