View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
This gave me a sort of deja vu so I made a couple of researches and I suddenly remembered that it was actually a debated matter.

Basically most sites listing the dates of the Rumours Tour don't feature a UCLA date but only a date in Santa Barbara at the UC Stadium on the 2nd of October 1977 (which was a rescheduled from May due to bad weather, and Stevie apparently dedicated Landslide to the opening act Kenny Loggins) and then two consecutive dates in San Diego on the 3rd and 4th, but some reliable Ledgies said they in fact remembered/attended a UCLA date on the 4th of October 1977 during which Stevie famously dedicated Landslide to Lindsey, from which it generated this famous internet quote:

I need to dedicate this tonight to Lindsey and he knows why; he’s my one true love for now and for always. It’s called Landslide.

Honestly I think it's highly likely that both dates are incorrect and the UCLA date was on the 3rd of October which is Lindsey's birthday and thus Stevie dedicated Landslide to him, but that's just my assumption.
Oh that's interesting wow. When she told me about it I at first immediately assumed it was referencing the Rock N Run event but she swears up and down that he said it was "in the 70s when they had that big album Rumours". I wonder if anyone here was around in those days and could offer some insight?