View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Funny thing is, since I was actually in attendance for this show I have no memory of this being performed there. The year was 2000 and already long before that I was bored sheetless with the same live arrangements that I had heard a thousand times before, not just in concert but on all the bootlegs or past live videos or whatever. Even Leather and Lace was the same ole same ole. I went to this show with a friend and during most of it my friend made lamb sounds as SN sang her stuff which we could see in the faces of the people sitting around us, seemed very offensive to them. But we didn't care. It was a way to convey our boredom and make it fun for ourselves. This acoustic version of Gypsy is such a refreshing change from the band versions though.
Thanks for the clarification. I knew it was close to a time when I think Stevie and Lindsey had actually buried the hatchet with each other.

You know, that's just it. As much as we have had listen to the same songs over and over again for decades now, with virtually nothing new coming from FM, it would be nice if they could do different arrangements of those songs. That's why this version was a breath of fresh air with a splash of creativity thrown in.