View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Love this song.

And I have no doubt that Lindsey was the angry, heartbroken one after the breakup and that they may have been on and off again for years. However, I think when Lindsey left the band that was LARGELY his final say on the issue.

As far as the Dance is concerned I always thought that Lindsey was playing up the drama, or maybe even just getting wrapped up in the moment, but that it was Stevie that thought more was going on than there was (Fall From Grace anyone?).

And he may very well draw upon things with Stevie when he writes. They've known each other for a very long time, certainly many of his own experiences have Stevie wrapped up in them. I've wondered about no less than three references on UTS that just seem very Stevie to me. Doesn't mean they are or want to be involved romantically.

But I do think he's found some peace now. It may not be the monumental thing that he had with Stevie (which of course was so monumental in part because they shared artistic dreams, something Kristin can't compete with) but not necessarily less satisfying, especially for 57 year old Lindsey.

It always amazes me how much people think they are seeing into the private lives of two people by what those people do on stage in front of thousands of people. I realize some give other evidence to support their opinions, but what happens on stage often ends up as a big part of the argument.

This is, of course, just my opinion.

Take on the situation but not the torment