View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I went in the second left lane, where a man was waiting with wristbands. In the very left lane no one was immediately there - just someone further down the lane. It was possible that by 1.30 there weren't any upgrade tickets left, but I feel now that if I'd been more pushy at the entry point, I might have got one. Usually I'm a bit more aware of this kind of thing, and would have tried a bit harder.

I was on my own as well, ​so it wasn't too difficult getting through the crowd to the front of the gold section - I did it a few times to go to the toilet or get a drink. But by the time Tom Petty came on it was too crowded in there and I stood to the back.

Great that you had some friends there to keep your spot. I almost asked a friend from London to go with me, but she isn't a FM or Stevie fan. She tends to get very drunk and then talk incessantly, and I just decided that I didn't want that in the end.

I'm glad you had a great time - you deserve it after waiting 28 years to see her again! I haven't been a fan for so long, and feel happy I got to see her in Hyde Park - somewhere I know and love, as I went to university just around the corner from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
I was directed to the very left side of the south-gate initially and when I passed security I kept the left lane. The girl overthere gave me the bracelet. She told me that she had around 30 left ... (of the initial 300 that were available so I heard).

Two of my Facebook-Stevie-friends had Garden Tickets and I tried to upgrade to Garden at the box-office. No luck. All sold out. They were allowed to enter as well, but couldn't get out. Our other friends got also an upgrade and around 4 o'clock one of the girls managed to talk/sneak in another girl as well ... it was very nice to be with a group of 6 devoted fans, there were fans for both Stevie and Tom from all over Europe I guess.

I was by myself and if it wasn't for that group I don't think I could handle this afternoon from 12 till 10 in the evening. No we could easily get in and out for drinks, food en toiletvisitings, without being scared of losing your spot ... :-)