View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Wow I hope the top one is Ohio not Florida. Love the bottem one .I do love the winter wonderland around for the holidays the rest of the cold winter .I say no.I feel like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation looking out the window at the girl wearing the little bikini when I look out the window at the snow.LOL.

I have to say the past winter was easy for us up here ,A couple of major snow storms which they were not that bad and the snow storm in late october that made a mess of worst damage then hurricane Irene did last August .I know .I drove home after Stevie's Bethel NY concert in the beginning of hurricane Irene .
Yeah I think the midwest had a mild winter this year up there. Florida is beautiful and all but the hurricanes here are nothing to mess with I hear. I've been lucky to have been here 3 years now and not had to deal with those but you never know and have to be on your toes from June-November. I think the last one to rip through this area of SW FL was Charley in 2004 which came up through Charlotte Harbor down in Punta Gorda and done major damage. I've seen footage on tv of it and pics and it was no joke! Scary stuff. I think if a major storm was to ever come this way I'd just go up to Georgia or something and stay a few days I don't want to be in any hurricanes down here.