View Single Post
Old 04-11-2003, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

*Warning: possible spoiler for LB fans who want the album to be a
complete
surprise.*

Seeing as this is the LB forum, I'm answering this question purely in terms of the Lindsey Buckingham songs on the album, and I will say that this is some of the best work he's ever done. If you remove all the LB songs and put them onto a separate CD, there is not a single song which is anything less than fantastic. "What's The World Coming To" is a brilliant song, and Mick's drum beat is a good album opener. "Come", "Red Rover" and "Murrow" have been left untouched (from a musical point of view at least - I can't tell when the sound is coming from a stream but I assume their production has been improved, the sound levels on "Come" have been very noticeably corrected). "Miranda" also sounds exactly how we know it, except that it now has well placed Stevie backing vocals here and there. "Peacekeeper" has the lyrics that Lindsey wanted and not Warner Bros., i.e. "only kill", not "break their will", and it makes such a huge difference, for the better. "Bleed To Love Her" sounds as sweet as ever, and he's kept those cool volume-swell effects, which make the song even more peaceful. "Steal Your Heart Away" sounds great with Stevie's vocals, "Say Goodbye" includes Stevie's backing, and there is some additional instrumentation at some points througout the song, including a fast paced "Red Rover" style paced that I couldn't hear on the GOS demo version.

Even though I said I'll only talk about LB songs in this post, I HAVE to mention the outstanding production work on "Illume (9/11)" and "Goodbye Baby", both of which are also two of the best Stevie songs I've ever heard. The latter is as moving as, if not more than, "Storms", especially to someone who knows what the song is about.

Great job LB...GREAT job!!!

Last edited by seteca; 04-11-2003 at 02:30 PM..