View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Look who's being silly (to be polite)!

You're, for whatever reason, automatically under the assumption that Lindsey is unhappy about any of this. Why does this automatically have to be a Lindsey or Sheryl issue? For all we know, he may have been the pushing the decision to bring Sheryl into the fold. We just don't know.

Also, I thought that Lindsey's production of Stevie's songs in SYW pretty much sucked badly. I really cannot get over the way he destroyed "Smile at You." And "Silver Girl" makes me want to slit my wrists. And the chipmunk-y choruses of "Say You Will" . He's no Phil Spector and he's not even a Jimmy Iovine. I'm all for risks and edge... as long as it's any good. I agree that FM would not be what they are without Lindsey, but you could say the same thing about Christine and Stevie. It's about teamwork and compromise. And if you can't compromise, you have no business being part of a band.
Not even Phil Spector, Lindsey Buckingham, Tom Petty, Jimmy Iovine, Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois, George Martin and Brendan O'Brien working TOGETHER could have salvaged either Silver Girl or Say You Will. They were crap songs.

My issue with your post was the bit 'adapt to being a member of the band or leave'. This is the guy that has given his best work to the band. During at least two albums when his colleagues had drink/drug issues - Mirage/Tango - he worked his arse off to get some product out that had some credibility. He is a team player!